Do you think the benefits of remote working are all on the side of the employee? Think again. While yes, remote working does offer the person working for you a host of benefits (no travel time, no extra expenses on food and clothing, ability to get chores done during breaks), we’ve found that it also benefits you, the employer, immensely.
So, how do the benefits outweigh the downsides? Read on to find out why we love having remote employees!
5 Benefits of Remote Working for Employers
- Greater employee satisfaction – There’s no doubt that people are generally happier when they’re working from home. They enjoy more autonomy and ownership over their work, they are more comfortable and at ease, and they’ll save a ton of time and money. With the cost-of-living increases and environmental concerns, employees and anyone you work with remotely will feel much more positive about giving you their best when they’re working from home.
- Better employee turnover rates – As your employees feel happier in their roles, your employee turnover rates will naturally decrease. Employee turnover rates across all industries have been high in recent years, leading to high recruitment and onboarding costs for employers. Offering an option to work remotely or hiring exclusively for remote employees ensures employees experience the autonomy and freedom that can usually only be achieved by those working for themselves.
Remote working means parents can work when childcare falls through or is unavailable, they can live wherever they are happiest, and they don’t have to worry about the time and monetary costs of commuting.
- You save money – When your employees work remotely, you don’t need to pay the expense of providing them with a suitable office space. The savings go beyond the rent, too, as you’ll also avoid paying for cleaners, a loss of productivity to water cooler chat, and everyone in the office getting sick when one person does.
- You can access talent anywhere – It used to be that you had to be in a major city to get anywhere in a career or business, but that just isn’t the case anymore. Now not only can you work and run a successful business from anywhere in the world with a good internet connection, but you can also access talented people wherever they are. That means rather than hiring the best sales person you can find within a commutable distance of your office, you can hire a phenomenal online sales concierge no matter where they are in the country.
- No distractions – At Shared Drive, we’re experienced online sales concierges, so we know what it’s like to spend a lot of time on the phone talking to prospects. As a customer, you’ve likely experienced talking to someone in a noisy call center room – it doesn’t exactly make you feel special. One of the reasons we love our online sales concierges working remotely is they are at home, where there aren’t dozens of other people talking or phones ringing. The customers talking to our OSCs get a true one-on-one experience.
If you need an online sales professional you can go one better than hiring a full-time employee remotely by working with us. Our online sales concierges are experts in sales and at creating a nurturing customer experience – just leave it to us to turn those initial leads into customers. Ready to find out more? Click here.